Hi Dr AT Consultant Neuroradiologist in New Zealand here from Medico-Legal and Neuroscience Partnership. I am a Consultant Interventional Neuroradiologist (a radiologist specialised in disorders of the brain, spine as well as the Head & neck). I was born in Trinidad and Tobago and graduated from St Mary’s College. I went on to obtain his medical degree and specialist DM in Radiology from the University of the West Indies. I spent the final year of his DM training in the United Kingdom where I pursued an in depth exposure to Neuroradiology.
I obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiology (FRCR) in the United Kingdom in 2001 and went on to do Fellowship training in cross sectional neuroradiology, Head & Neck Radiology as well as Interventional Neuroradiology in London and Nottingham. I have since held Consultant Interventional Neuroradiology posts in Nottingham and Birmingham in the UK continuously from 2003 to 2019 before accepting a new post in Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand since August 2019.
For my medico-legal work now I am set up in New Zealand is I only report on scans and writing medico-legal reports where assessments are not required.
My interests when reporting are as follows:
- Interventional treatment of vascular Diseases of the Brain, Spinal Cord and its coverings including management of intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations in adults and children.
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischaemic stroke and stroke prophylaxis with intracranial and extracranial carotid stenting.
- Dural venous sinus thrombectomy for thrombosis.
- Venous sinus stenting for idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- Interventional Pain Management in the Spine with nerve root injections, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.
- Pre-operative embolization and chemo-embolization of Brain and Spinal Cord Tumours, Skull Base, Soft Tissue Neck and Temporal Bone Tumours in adults and children.
- Diagnostic Neuroradiology and Head & Neck Radiology
- Multi-modality MRI of the brain and spinal cord for neuro-oncology and stroke
- Degenerative Diseases of the Spine and Spinal Cord
If you wish to instruct Dr AT Consultant Neuroradiologist in New Zealand please get in touch.
If you wish to see more of our Consultant Neuroradiologists please click here.